White and Blue Press

Little Switzerland

Back to Article
Back to Article

Little Switzerland

Phoebe, Blue Issue Editor

Winter is a time known for snowball fights, sledding, and snow forts. Additionally, some of the most favored past times during this season are skiing and snowboarding. In fact, many people have discovered that for Wisconsinites there is an alternative to traveling across the country to find a good ski spot. Little Switzerland, located in Slinger, WI is a popular ski hill among the kids at St. Robert School.

Little Switzerland is a skiing and snowboarding resort that offers runs for any skill level. There is a beginner hill, many easy green runs, some medium level blue runs, and a few difficult black diamond runs. There is also a variety of terrain parks, which are simply ski runs that contain different jumps and rails. Also, they offer skiing and snowboarding lessons that are open for people of all ages. This gives people a chance to not only find runs that are a good skill level for them, but improve their skills as well.

Whether a skier prefers the simple green level runs or the advanced black level runs, Little Switzerland is fun for everyone. Aida, an eighth grader at St. Robert said, “There are many different hills, so there are many different options depending on your experience level.” Eighth grader Jillian also adds, “I like how the hill has more runs than other ski hills, which gives more of a variety. They do a good job of taking advantage of how much space they have.” Little Switzerland has 18 total runs that make the resort fun for all ages.

It’s unanimous among the eighth graders at St. Robert School that: “There’s a lot to do there considering that we live in Wisconsin, and there aren’t big mountains. [Little Switzerland] gives you that feeling like you are out west,” and that “Little Switz is an all around great skiing spot in Wisconsin and you can never get tired of this one.” Make sure to check out this awesome ski resort before the season is over!

About the Writer
Phoebe, Blue Issue Editor

Phoebe is an 8th grader at St. Robert School and is an editor for The White and Blue Press. She enjoys binge watching Netflix, wakeboarding, and eating...