White and Blue Press

Lili Reinhart: A Star to Look up to

@lilireinhart

@lilireinhart

Madeleine G, Off Campus

Since the premiere of the CW show Riverdale, the program has gained much popularity especially with teens. The show is based off of the Archie comics and is known for thrilling  mysteries, and of course, the talented cast. One member of Riverdale’s cast who has gotten people’s attention is Lili Reinhart. Reinhart is especially known for dancing and performing at an early age, her wonderful acting, friendships with her co-stars, and her contagious kindness.

Reinhart was born on September 13, 1996 in Cleveland, Ohio. She danced and performed in musicals at an early age; she did these activities for ten years. When Reinhart was just eleven, she got a contract signed with a theatrical agency, and that allowed her to act. Some of Reinhart’s early films were Forever’s End (2013) and Moises Arias in The Kings of Summer (2013); she also appeared in six episodes of Surviving Jack (2014) with Nick Offerman.

When Lili Reinhart was eighteen, she moved to Los Angeles to continue acting. It turns out that she felt defeated when comparing herself to the other actors and almost completely gave up on acting. However, Reinhart sent in a last minute audition tape for the role of Betty Cooper in Riverdale. The actress tweeted, “Riverdale came into my life when I was going through the worst depression I had ever experienced. And in the end, it completely saved me.” Reinhart’s great acting has since caught many people’s attention. For example, St. Robert student Alexia said, “I personally think Lili Reinhart is a great actress because she shows a lot of emotions when acting.”

Not only are her acting skills notably strong, but her fans also appreciate seeing her develop close bonds with her co-stars. One of her great friendships is with fellow cast member, Camila Mendes, who has also gained an immense amount of popularity. Reinhart is also closely tied to another Riverdale co-star, Cole Sprouse, who she is now dating. Before the show, the star grew up with few close friends, and Riverdale brought Reinhart many best friends.

In addition to building relationships through acting, Reinhart is known for her courtesy towards others. The actress has a close. loving relationship with her family that encourages this courtesy and kindness. In fact, her Dad coached most of her basketball and soccer teams in middle school. Like her generous father, Reinhart is known for giving of herself to help support others. However, despite all of these clear positive life experiences, Reinhart has suffered from social anxiety and depression. Reinhart chose to turn this difficulty in her life into something positive as well though as the star has often supported mental health awareness.

There is no wonder Lili Reinhart has become very successful in her career as fans see her great acting and kindness towards others!

References: “Lili Reinhart.” Famous Birthdays, FamousBirthdays.com, Famousbirthdays.com/people/lili-reinhart.html

Gibson, Kelsie “8 Things about Riverdale’s It Girl Lili Reinhart.” Popsugar, Popsugar, INC, 2018

popsugar.com/celebrity/lilireinhartfacts