White and Blue Press

Autumn Concert!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Autumn Concert!

Sebastian D

Sebastian D

Sebastian D

Ava H, Arts

Every autumn the band, choir, and strings students of St. Robert School’s 5th through 8th grade put on a concert for parents, teachers, cousins, and siblings. The students prepared by practicing a lot as Evie, a saxophone musician states, “I practice everyday.” The music pieces the students are learning vary in difficulty as Audrey, a violin student, states, “This piece is really hard, but we are working really hard, and getting through it.” The concert took place at 6:30 on Thursday, November 8th, 2018.

Many of the students note that they have been taught really well by their dedicated music teachers. The choir teacher this year is Mrs. Gall, who is currently on maternity leave, so in her place Ms. Nelson has been teaching; the band teacher is Mr. Zolinski (Mr.Z); and the strings instructor is Mr. Perez. All of the teachers are very experienced in each of their areas. Ricky, a choir student, reflects on how the choir teachers have been using their expertise when he states, “Our teachers are making sure that we are singing the notes, and [that we sing the] rhythm right.” 

The music pieces the 5th grade band played Go Tell Aunt Rhodie, and Lightly Row. The 6th grade played A Prehistoric Suite. 7th & 8th grade choir sang were Revelation 19, and Hymn to the Russian Earth. The 7th & 8th grade band played the piece Regenesis (Song of the planet) for the concert, and finally the 7th & 8th grade strings played a quartet by Haydn, no.4. The students at St. Robert School are very excited about their music classes this year and feel that they have been learning a lot of new things in their music classes, which are on Mondays and Thursdays. 

The band instruments that were included in Regenesis were the trumpet, trombone, saxophone, flute, clarinet, and percussion. Before the concert, Sam, an 8th grader, explained, “I feel like [Regenesis] will be a lot of fun to do with the 8th graders because it is a new experience, and will just be a lot of fun.” Sam played the xylophone in this most recent concert. Furthermore, a Ricky, a choir student explained in the days before the performance, “I’m kind of nervous because we may mess up, but I like the songs since they are fun to sing.” Ricky has been in choir for two years, and enjoys it. Finally, the string instruments that were included in the concert were violin and the cello. Audrey plays the violin, and she felt, “excited for the concert because I like our songs.”

The concert took place at St. Robert at 6:30 on Thursay November 8th. The musicians were spectacular when playing their peices. Since this concert just ended, already, and the students of band, strings, and choir are preparing for the next concert. The next concert the Christmas concert which is in December. The students love sharing what they learn from their music instructors to their parents.

7 Comments

7 Responses to “Autumn Concert!”

1. Eric on November 16th, 2018 10:50 am

The concert was much fun. Also Mr. Z is a great teacher.

2. Nathan on November 16th, 2018 10:51 am

This article was very good and explained the concert in further detail.

3. Kalos on November 16th, 2018 10:53 am

The concert was so much fun. Mr Zolinski always picks the best music for the concerts

4. Maddie on November 16th, 2018 11:01 am

Good job Ava! I really enjoyed listening to all the different music pieces. I like challenging myself , and Mr. Z always chooses a difficult piece. I learned a lot from this article.

5. Sam on December 3rd, 2018 2:14 pm

Nice job i really like your hard work on this article i loved that you used a lot of people from all different classes choir strings and band

6. Lily on December 4th, 2018 8:38 am

Great job Ava! I really liked hearing what other students thought about the concert and their music. I learned a lot from your article!

7. Audrey on December 4th, 2018 3:00 pm

Nice article Ava! I agree that everyone did well at the concert

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Autumn Concert!

Arts

A New Face is Singing at St. Robert

• Autumn Concert!

Arts

Rusalka: A Mermaid’s Tale

• Autumn Concert!

Arts

Glossier

• Autumn Concert!

Arts

Why You Should Join the School Musical

• Autumn Concert!

Arts

How to Dress like Millie Bobby Brown

• Autumn Concert!

Arts

Photos for the Prize

• Autumn Concert!

Arts

How to Wear a Statement Coat

• Autumn Concert!

Fine Arts

A Night of Music

• Autumn Concert!

Fashion & Style

New York Fashion Week Fall 2017

• Autumn Concert!

Fine Arts

St. Robert School’s New Piano Teacher

The student news site of St. Robert School
Autumn Concert!