White and Blue Press

New Church Basement, More Changes

Back to Article
Back to Article

New Church Basement, More Changes

Mitchell M.

Mitchell M.

Mitchell M.

Ricky F., Progress & Change

The band room, or church basement, is where most musicians learned to played basic instruments at St. Robert. Students learn to master instruments like the flute, the drum, the gong, the saxophone, the triangle, and more. The band plays in the church basement led by the talented Mr. Zolinski. In the past, the wonderful music being made contrasted this drab location, tucked away in the basement. However, over the summer, the church basement got improved. The room was given quite the facelift, bringing a pleasant atmosphere into the space.

The idea of the improve church basement was brought up by “members of the school, parish, and the community [who] hold meetings and discussions on how to improve St. Robert,” said Mr. Zolinski. The old church basement had lots of taken up room with all the stuff in it. There was fundraiser, which also helped raised money for the proposed improvements to the basement space. Mr. Zolinski said, “it now officially called St. Robert Community Room. [The idea to rethink the space] was initially brought up as something that could have potentially been a fundraising event at last year’s Emerald Auction.” The money raised was over $30,000.

The new church basement came with may improvements. Those in charge of the redesign added “new furniture like couches, chairs, tables, cabinets, rugs, and even a new refrigerator,” said Mr. Zolenski. There are also small changes like lights and a room divider. These additions certainly improves the mood and vibe of the place, and there is even more stuff to come. Mr Zolinski also said, “there will be more nice furniture and there will be sound-absorbing wall panels.” Another addition to the space was the projector system, which allows for more freedom and capabilities in teaching.While band students use this room heavily, the space is also utilized by a variety of church groups. All of these improvements were made to serve the various groups of people that meet in the Community Room.

The band students are particularly excited for how the improvements will impact their regular meetings with Mr. Zolinski. Mr. Zolenski said, “I certainly believe that the band students like the new Community Room… and it has made our rehearsals more fulfilling and enjoyable.” The improvements create a fresh, new environment, which makes for a great new change. One of the band students, Lily, said, “it more clean, and more modern looking.” The church basement is an incredible place where students learn to play instrument. Thanks to the new improvements and great teacher, and positive vibe will result is lots of joy for the band students.

The community of Saint Robert is excited and happy with the new changes in the church basement. With the new a furniture and redesigned space,  the church basement will be welcome place for the whole St. Robert community.

About the Writer
Ricky F., Progress and Change

Ricky is a current 7th grader, and he is really excited for this year. Ricky is writing for the the Progress and Change column for Saints Robert White...

6 Comments

6 Responses to “New Church Basement, More Changes”

1. Kacey on November 16th, 2018 10:50 am

I agree that the new Church basement is so much better than the old one.

2. Evie on November 16th, 2018 10:50 am

I totally agree with this article. Even though I haven’t been down to the new church basement it sounds pretty cool.

3. Helen on November 16th, 2018 10:51 am

Great article, Ricky. Love how you added different perspectives of people, and what they think of the improved church basement.

4. Ava on November 16th, 2018 10:55 am

It got really upgraded from what it used to look like, hopefully Mr. Zolinski and the students like what the school and the Emerald Auction fundraiser money has provided them and what is yet to come. I liked how Mr. Zolinski and Lily both spoke their minds about the new basement room.

5. Kalos on November 16th, 2018 10:56 am

I have been down there every single Tuesday its look amazing the couches look more professional and everything just looks beautiful. also the percussion room is bigger. Nice article

6. Nathan on November 16th, 2018 10:56 am

The church basement is a lot more comfortable too.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• New Church Basement, More Changes

Progress & Change

Mr. Berg Has Left St. Robert School

• New Church Basement, More Changes

Progress & Change

Evolution of White and Blue Press

• New Church Basement, More Changes

Progress & Change

Always Choose Kindness!

• New Church Basement, More Changes

Progress & Change

READY-SET-SPEAK

• New Church Basement, More Changes

Progress & Change

The Man Behind the Piano

• New Church Basement, More Changes

Progress & Change

In With the New

• New Church Basement, More Changes

Progress & Change

Alma Brings Change to St. Robert

• New Church Basement, More Changes

Progress & Change

Better or Worse?

• New Church Basement, More Changes

Cartoons

Toast

• New Church Basement, More Changes

Off Campus

The New Year: A Worldwide Celebration

The student news site of St. Robert School
New Church Basement, More Changes