White and Blue Press

Why We Love Culver’s

Back to Article
Back to Article

Why We Love Culver’s

pixabay

pixabay

pixabay

Madeleine G., Off Campus

Culver’s is a fast-food restaurant located throughout Wisconsin as well as other states. They serve a lot of food that is similar to McDonald’s like hamburgers, fries, milkshakes, and chicken nuggets. Some argue that the food at Culver’s, however, is a little more healthy than comparative fast food restaurants. There are many reasons why people all around Wisconsin think Culver’s is a great place and why Culver’s has become a successful business over the years.

Culver’s first opened in 1984 in Sauk City, Wisconsin. Craig and Lea Culver restored an old A&W restaurant, turning it into their own franchise. Even though Culver’s grew immensely within the state for the next 10 years, the first restaurant did not open outside of Wisconsin until 1995. Culver’s was collectively started by four Culvers: George and Ruth, their son Craig, and Craig’s wife Lea. However, this wasn’t their first family business venture. George and Ruth owned an A&W franchise in Sauk City, WI from 1961 through 1968 and then the Farm Kitchen resort at Devil’s Lake after that.

Today, Culver’s restaurants are located in twenty-two states, many of which are midwestern states like WIsconsin, and Illinois. Culver’s is most known for their delicious custards and butter burgers. St. Robert student Mercedes says, “I love the fries!” While another 7th grade student, Lily, claims, “I love their chicken tenders!” Culver’s also has delicious custard flavors, such as chocolate and vanilla. They also feature a flavor of the day. Some examples of those flavors of the day are turtle, butter pecan, mint explosion, and many more!

Culver’s is also known for their generosity and kindness. They have a philanthropy program which provides money to local groups, national charities, and employees in the form of scholarships. After a fire in Platteville, Wisconsin, the local Culver’s was shut down. The franchise owner Bruce Kroll assured his forty co-workers that they would be taken care of. They assumed that he worked things out through their insurance company. However, the policy only covered up to six days. The other $144,000 came from Bruce himself.

Many people love Culver’s because of their great food, it’s popularity, and their kindness, Because of this, Culver’s is a wonderful place to spend time with family and friends, enjoy the food, and just have fun!

References

Hunt, Kristen. “Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Culver’s.” Eater. Vox Media, Inc. 10 July 2014. 

Forbes, Paula. “30 Years of Culver’s, the Frozen Custard and ButterBurger Chain.” Eater. Vox Media, Inc. 18 July 2014. eater.com/2014/7/18/6184663/30-years-of-culvers-the-frozen-custard-and-butterburger-chain.

“Our Favorite Flavors of the Day.” Culver’s. Culver Franchising System, LLC.

1. culver’s.com/menu-and-nutrition/behind-every-bite/our-10-favorite-frozen-custard-flavors.
About the Writer
Madeleine G., Off Campus News

Madeleine is an eighth grader at St. Robert School. She is excited to be writing for the newspaper this year! Madeleine enjoys nature, watching YouTube...

14 Comments

14 Responses to “Why We Love Culver’s”

1. Eric on November 30th, 2018 10:16 am

I love the butter burgers too! There the best burger in town. Great article!

2. Harrison on November 30th, 2018 10:16 am

This was a great article! I personally love Culvers and I love how you mentioned their generosity and kindness. Just reading this makes me hungry!

3. Kacey on November 30th, 2018 10:18 am

I love Culver’s! The butter burgers are SO delicious!!

4. Nathan on November 30th, 2018 10:20 am

I love Culver’s it is really good

5. Nathan on November 30th, 2018 10:20 am

I love Culver’s it is really good and I do think that it is better and healthier than Mcdonalds.

6. Evie on November 30th, 2018 10:21 am

I also like Culvers and not just for their food, but for their kindness and generosity. Just like Madeleine said in her article. It was very well writen and descriptive.

7. Ava on November 30th, 2018 10:22 am

I love Culver’s and their food. I can’t believe they have been around for that long. I liked how you had some students speak their minds about Culver’s and what they think about the food. Hopefully, a fire doesn’t happen at the Culver’s near us.

8. Maddie on November 30th, 2018 10:22 am

Good article Madeline! I learned a lot of new information about Culver. Personally I like the custard with fries!

9. Katherine on November 30th, 2018 10:28 am

Great article! Who doesn’t love Culver’s?

10. Connor on November 30th, 2018 10:29 am

I love Culver’s! Great job Madeline keep up the great work!

11. Mercedes on November 30th, 2018 11:00 am

I do love the fries as well as the milkshakes they go really good together. Great article too!

12. erik on December 3rd, 2018 2:12 pm

I also love the different custards they have! Great Article

13. Sylvia on December 3rd, 2018 3:58 pm

I loved this article, Madeline. It was very descriptive and my mouth was watering the whole time. I love Culver’s as well. I also enjoyed that you not only talked about the food, but the employees too. I definitely love the burger’s and the custard too. Nice Job!

14. Christina on December 4th, 2018 8:39 am

Very nice Article. I liked how you described things, and took on other peoples opinions.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Why We Love Culver’s

Off Campus

Fiserv Forum: New and Innovated

• Why We Love Culver’s

Off Campus

Lili Reinhart: A Star to Look up to

• Why We Love Culver’s

Off Campus

Click Your Heels Together Three Times

• Why We Love Culver’s

Off Campus

The Big Transition: High School

• Why We Love Culver’s

Off Campus

Bayshore Mall: Will it Survive?

• Why We Love Culver’s

Off Campus

From Vancouver to the Big Screen: Finn Wolfhard

• Why We Love Culver’s

Off Campus

Ready, Set, Plunge!

• Why We Love Culver’s

Off Campus

Little Switzerland

• Why We Love Culver’s

Off Campus

The 2017 Christmas Wishlist!

• Why We Love Culver’s

Off Campus

The TV Show of the Century

The student news site of St. Robert School
Why We Love Culver’s