White and Blue Press

The Seton

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Seton

Pexabag

Pexabag

Pexabag

Nick W., Sports

The volleyball season has finally come to an end, resulting in the biggest tournament for our 8th graders. Thirty-two teams were brought together from throughout the Milwaukee metro area to face off against each other in the famous Seton Volleyball Tournament.

Many students pour into the stands to cheer for their team throughout the course of the Seton. Students ride on a bus that takes them from their home school to the gym where their favored team will play, Center Court. For St. Robert students, the ride is around a forty minute drive to the court from Shorewood. Often, the players get nervous about having their friends and classmates come to cheer them on. 8th grade volleyball player Madeleine says, “They were great to have there, but they made me scared of missing my serves or bumps.”

The 8th grade girls team lost their first game in the Seton this year. The team they played was St. Charles Hartland. St. Charles was ranked eighth in the Seton and were a very good and competitive team. Overall, the competition was a lot better at the Seton than their regular season league, giving the girls a challenge they hadn’t faced before. However, the Bobcats had a very successful season with many good wins prior to their brief time in the Seton.

Lastly, the girls were very nervous and scared for the Seton. “Since it was the last year [and the last time] the 8th grade girls team got to play together, it was very sad,” states Madeleine. The girls did enjoy the Seton more than the Padre though. The Padre is the basketball version of the Seton, but similar in that they are both large, culminating tournaments. Many teams are brought together to face off in basketball that that event, but to most of the girls the Seton is more important than the Padre.

In conclusion, the girls appeared in this year’s Seton and had to overcome some very difficult competition, fears, and nerve wracking games. The girls lost their first game, knocking them out of the tournament early, but they had a fun last season together as Bobcats.

About the Writer
Nick W., Sport

Nick is a 7th grader and enjoys writing papers in English and literature class. Some other hobbies nick likes are baseball football, and basketball....

3 Comments

3 Responses to “The Seton”

1. Connor on November 30th, 2018 10:25 am

I really wish I didn’t have a soccer conflict, for I wanted to go to the game. Great job Nick keep on producing articles like these, I love them!

2. Nathan on November 30th, 2018 10:27 am

The seton is fun

3. Evelyn on December 4th, 2018 8:40 am

The seton sounded like fun; I wish that I could’ve gone!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• The Seton

Sports

7th grade Volleyball

• The Seton

Sports

Hit Me with Your Best Shot!

• The Seton

Sports

High School Sports

• The Seton

Sports

Basketball in Shorewood: Greyhounds

• The Seton

Sports

8th Grade Basketball

• The Seton

Sports

Basketball: The Bobcat Way

• The Seton

Sports

Basketball Tryouts

• The Seton

Sports

As Volleyball Began and Evolved

• The Seton

Sports

Bump, Set, Spike!

• The Seton

Sports

Boom! The Runners are Off

The student news site of St. Robert School
The Seton