White and Blue Press

7th Grade Basketball

Back to Article
Back to Article

7th Grade Basketball

Mary F

Mary F

Mary F

Nick W., Sports

The basketball season is finally underway and the seventh-grade boys are learning to play with new teams. Seventh grade is the first year that the teams are eligible to break up into A and B teams. The two teams are overcoming difficulties by learning to play with new teammates, new coaches, and different competition.

This is the first year with A and B teams and many of the players on both teams have mixed emotions. The head coach for the A team is Sam Halama and the assistant coach is Bryan Frieseke, who is a brother of a St. Robert 7th grader. Mitchell, one of the seventh graders on the A team, states, “I would rather play against harder competition to prepare us if we want to play basketball more competitively in high school.” The A team plays against all the other A teams in their league, so all the teams are better competition.

Most of the players enjoy having the opportunity to play on the A team, but some players would also love to be on the B team because they might get to play more. The B team coaches are Mr. Frieseke and also his son, Bryan Frieseke, who also assists the A team. While the A team plays against other A teams, the B team plays against other B teams, so the competition is even and fair. Matt Hayes, another seventh grader, who plays on the B team states, “I enjoy playing on the B team because the people who might not be as good as others get a fair chance to play and score against not as competitive teams.”

Both teams have their own advantages and disadvantages. The A team is trying to learn more by participating in three tournaments this season. Tournaments are great for teams, and they let players play against other competition from other leagues. Facing different competition is also a great way to branch out and play teams they may have never played before, teams outside the regular league. The B team also has a tournament and the majority of the players are excited to play against new teams.

The seventh-grade boys are overall excited to play with their new teammates and cannot wait to get back onto the court against the competition. They are preparing for the more than just middle school, but what comes later such as the Padre and high school basketball.

About the Writer
Nick W., Sport

Nick is a 7th grader and enjoys writing papers in English and literature class. Some other hobbies nick likes are baseball football, and basketball....

5 Comments

5 Responses to “7th Grade Basketball”

1. Evie C on January 14th, 2019 8:12 am

Good job!

2. Donovan on January 14th, 2019 8:13 am

This is a fantastic article, Nick. It explains well what the A team and B team do differently.

3. Mitchell on January 14th, 2019 8:21 am

Great article, I like how you explained the basketball teams in a great description.

4. Jack on January 14th, 2019 2:27 pm

I look very good in that photo. The story was very good and interesting.

5. Ricky on January 14th, 2019 2:29 pm

This article is very good. I really like the basketball season so far.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• 7th Grade Basketball

Sports

The Seton

• 7th Grade Basketball

Sports

7th grade Volleyball

• 7th Grade Basketball

Sports

Hit Me with Your Best Shot!

• 7th Grade Basketball

Sports

High School Sports

• 7th Grade Basketball

Sports

Basketball in Shorewood: Greyhounds

• 7th Grade Basketball

Sports

8th Grade Basketball

• 7th Grade Basketball

Sports

Basketball: The Bobcat Way

• 7th Grade Basketball

Sports

Basketball Tryouts

• 7th Grade Basketball

Sports

As Volleyball Began and Evolved

• 7th Grade Basketball

Sports

Bump, Set, Spike!

The student news site of St. Robert School
7th Grade Basketball