Student Council Co-Chairs

The Student Council initiation ceremony.

Leaders are all around us, and many came out and shared their ideas this year during their speeches for St. Robert’s Student Council, but only four were chosen to be co-chairs. There are many representatives in Student Council other than co-chairs as homeroom representatives, and they are also great leaders. These four co-chairs though have come to represent the whole school, and we should know who they are and what they plan to do.

Campbell Schafer, one of the eighth grade co-chairs, was born in Chicago and moved to Milwaukee at age seven and has been going to St.Robert’s ever since. Campbell likes to swim and run, and loves leadership. Campbell said her goal this year is to have kids be excited to come to school everyday. She plans to do this by trying to do the fundraisers that everyone likes. She also plans to try to bring back chocolate milk. “If you really want to make a difference you have to be a leader,’’ Campbell says, and by the looks of it, she is really trying to make a difference.

Aidan Frazier, the other eighth grade co-chair, plays basketball and volleyball for St. Robert’s and baseball and football outside of St. Robert’s. Aidan has been in Student Council for three years now and first joined it because he enjoys helping others make the school a better place. Aidan added, “Student Council fulfilled these dreams of mine, therefore I have participated ever since.” Aidan suggested that the Council’s and his goal this year is to build the school as one community. Some activities he plans to execute this year are costume day, a kindergarten and middle school field trip, cereal drive, and bringing back the Bobcat mascot. Aidan ended by saying, “We should all be leaders and role models to the younger students in our school.”

Jack Koshkin, one of the seventh grade co-chairs, having moved around a lot because of his military family and having skipped one and a half grades, is a very versatile person. Jack had never been in any after school activities before, but he decided he wanted to be busier this year and ran for the Student Council. He also liked the idea that his thoughts and ideas were going into the school. Jack’s goal this year is to give the little kids a bigger voice. “Just because you’re younger doesn’t mean you have any less power,” is Jack’s perspective on his goal. He plans to carry out this goal by talking to his younger siblings and his friends younger siblings. Jack Koshkin plans to give everyone a chance to make a difference to the school.

Ryan Mitchell, the other seventh grade co-chair and a famed magician at St. Robert’s, enjoys Student Council because it is a way to help the community in a fun way. After being in the Student Council last year, Ryan decided that he wanted to do it again this year because he liked it so much last year. Ryan’s goal this year is to do the best he can for this community. “I think Student Council is a great place to show that you want to help the community and make it a better place,” is how Ryan describes Student Council.

These four people have put themselves out there and have pledged to try to make this community a better place, so we should give them our best hopes and wishes on their journey through leadership.